Monday, June 20, 2016

Hey everyone! :) 
This was a really great and looong week! Haha:) 

Last Monday we had a really fun p-day. We went down to the mall with our STL's and I was able to buy some short sleeve shirts! THANK GOODNESS! It's been getting pretty warm up here lately and I didn't really pack any "summer outfits" when I thought the "Highs" in Canada were mid 70's. How wrong I was.... 
But now I'm excited for the heat! :) It's been really great biking weather, so I can't complain too much;) 

Speaking of biking.. We biked our guts out this week! Oh man! I will tell you this! The Lord answers your prayers, and He also has quite the sense of humor! Before my mission I was really excited about the 30 minutes of scheduled exercise each day. But once I got to Canada and took a good look around my 3rd story apartment, I realized there aren't TOO many exercises you can do in the mornings, so it becomes pretty tedious, and feels pretty useless some days. But, like I said, Heavenly Father answers prayers, and so I was sent to an area that shared a car for a month, and then turned into full time walking/busing/biking! And since then, I've had a few good days of feeling pretty sore from biking so much! 
And as it turns out, Sister Blake prayed to be called to a walking area so she could get some more exercise too, and wallah! We have biked more this week than ever before!:)   

Our Investigator Nadia and her kids are officially moving this week! So that's a little sad, but it's been so amazing to work with her! We went over to her house a couple of times to help her clean, and get it ready to leave in good shape. And she even gave us her new address so we can send the missionaries to her there! :) She has told us that she is so grateful for everything we had done for her, and she will never forget us. That was really sweet to hear, and I hope that she always associates those positive experiences with the church:) 

This week Sister Blake and I street contacted 37 people! (that we can remember...) It has been so amazing to watch her approach people and work so genuinely with them just right there on the street! I have been learning SO much from her! She is a truly amazing missionary! :) I feel so much more comfortable with stopping someone on the street now, and we even have a handle of possible investigators now because of it! So hopefully we can set up some times to see them this week and have lessons with them:) 

On Friday we did some community service pulling weeds at this beautiful park/garden. We had a bunch of missionaries there, so we were able to get a lot done! I absolutely LOVED it though! I never EVER thought I would say it, but I realized I missed pulling weeds... When you're in the right mood it can actually be quite therapeutic:) (Sorry I never seemed to be in that kind of a mood at home mom & dad) So I really went to town haha:) 

Happy Father's day everyone!:) Special shout out to my dad: I love you! And am sorry we don't get to skype home on your day of the year.... 
This week we had a great sacrament on Father's, and it really made me reflect on all the men (and boys..) in my life that have helped make me into the person I am today. I am so incredibly thankful for my own dad, and for my grandfather's who have always been an incredible source of support in my life. And I'm grateful for my brothers, and friends who I know will grow up to make wonderful father's some day:) And most of all, I am eternally grateful for my Heavenly Father and for His perfect, all-encompassing love for me. I know I owe everything I am and everything I have and everything I could ever dream of becoming to Him and to my Savior Jesus Christ. 

Alright! Well that's it for the exciting update of SIster Dobyns! :) 
I hope you are all having a stupendous summer, and are absolutely loving life! 
If you're not, I would simply encourage you to slow down, laugh more, and keep eternal perspective! As Joseph B Wirthlin said: "Come What May, and Love It." 
I LOVE YOU ALL! 
Have a terrific week! :) 

Love, 
Sister Dobyns


Weeding Party! :) 

4 Months Old Already! It's blowing my mind how quick times passes! 

Some good times on the bike trails in Dalhousie

Oops... Barely caught Sister Blake! haha:) 

Having a great time with Sister Blake. I'm so grateful to have her as my companion:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment