Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter Loved Ones!

Ah guys. I'm stressed for time, but here's the gist: 

This week, we had ZTMs! They were great! It was my first one not as an STL anymore so that was weird, but kind of nice! 
We also had interviews with our mission President, which pretty much consisted of me telling him how much I miss him and sister miles, and calgary... but I loved it! He is the sweetest man in the world and is so good at helping me to feel the spirit and recognize what God is trying to tell me. LOVE HIM! 
Then we did probably 200 drop bys of Less actives, new move in, or unconfirmed addresses... It was really exhausting, but great! I always feel like a Private Investigator hunting people down and finding out what their story is haha it's great:) 
Then WE FOUND OUR MISSING INVESTIGATORS! No big deal! (HUGE DEAL) 
There is this family that has been taking the discussions for a while and were doing really good right up to a few months ago when they fell off the face of the earth and no one heard from them again. 
We were seriously scared for them, but thanks to sister barlow and her amazing ability to follow the spirit, we dropped by a house when we were planning to go somewhere else, and low and behold there they all were! And better than that, they were excited to see us and told us everything that happened and where they've been, and that they'd be at church on sunday! AND THEN THEY CAME! wow, miracles are real you guys! So we're going to see them tomorrow and hopefully get them back on track!:) 
We also had this stellar lesson with a part member family that are my new best friends! We just sat down with them and told them what our purpose was, and why were there. They have been meeting with missionaries for a while and when we finished, the husband just looked at us and thanked us for explaining to him. He had never understood before what we were trying to do- but now that he did, he said that he would be happy to take the formal missionary discussions now!! YAY!!! 
He also said "I mean why not? I've got nothing to loose, and everything to gain." And I couldn't agree more!! 
For Easter we had all of our regular church meetings and then we raced over to a less actives house who had us over for "linner." We had some bacon and french toast and then immediately headed over to dinner!! Big mistake:P haha But dinner was AMAZING! and needless to say we rolled out of there! 
After that we visited with some of the older members of our ward that didn't have family over today. That was really sweet:) 
And by the end we were ready for bed!! 

Overall, it's been a good week, and I'm excited for this week!
Hope you're all doing well! LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU! 
~Sister Dobyns:) 

Our zone this morning at Riding on Stone! 

We saw a dinosaur thing on our way to where we were going this morning and had to stop to take a picture... haha 

Thanks mom for the awesome Easter package!! 

My new wall above my bed:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment