Monday, April 10, 2017

Wind. Spiders. More Wind. Welcome to Lethbridge

Well... I'm pretty exhausted!
This week may have been the hardest I've worked on my mission thus far. 
Don't worry, there's not much to show for it, but that will come with time. 
This is a great area with so much potential. I know that as we keep working our hardest, we will see miracles 

I love lethbridge, but still miss calgary! I'm not too sure if that feeling is ever going to go away anymore! But I really am happy to be here:) 
We had some amazing lessons this week, and lots of meetings! We met with both our WML's and one of our bishops and just talked about how much potential there really is here, and how we are going to make things happen! :) It was awesome! I have also loved getting to know new people as we have met with them! The members are so sweet, and the investigator that we met with this week is maybe possibly one of the coolest people I've ever met! can't wait to tell you more about him! 
It was fast sunday in both our wards this week, so I was grateful for the chance I had to bear my testimony there and introduce myself. It's funny being back in a ward where babies are crying nonstop, and only 3-4 people get the chance to bear their testimony because all the old people speak for 10+minutes! haha! :) But I'm loving it all despite the nerves that I had going back into it. 
Thankfully I still have a ysa ward too, and tonight will be the first fhe I get to go to! so I'm stoked for that too! 

OH! And I'm back in Sister Frandsen's zone... nbd but kind of a big deal. 
So that's a HUGE blessing getting to be with her every monday!! 

As I was studying in John 21 this week I had this connection to what I feel was a general theme in Conference this last weekend . Christ does not want us to go back to our former lives. There are greater things in store for each one of us. We have to be better every week. We cannot, like Peter, "go a fishing." We can't go back to what is comfortable. We must let the daily efforts we make to follow Christ change our lives. 
This is something I have really striven to apply on my mission, and I hope to be able to apply the rest of my life. In order to get to where we want to be, we have to make continuous strives to get there each day. So I would invite you all to evaluate your lives right now. Where are you? Are you walking with the Savior? And are you letting that journey with Him change your very nature? If the answer is no, I would plead with you to do all you can to be able to say yes. Pray for strength and a greater desire to do better- to be better. 
I love you all so so much and hope you have a wonderful, Christ-centered week!
I know even in the busiest of times, if we will make Christ the center, everything will work out the way it is meant to. 
LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH!
~Sister Dobyns<3
 ps sorry my email is lame this week... my mind is super fried! :) Love anyway! :) 

Dinner with BAE! (I can no longer take pictures because the WIND is always ridiculous!) 

Also. That's all my pictures because I forgot my camera again:P 

No comments:

Post a Comment