Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Love of Our Father

Happy Tuesday everybody:) 
It's been an exciting week as usual:) 
We were able to pick up a new ysa investigator names Austin!
He has been coming to church for the past month or so, but wasn't interested in meeting with us until last sunday he reached out to us and asked if we could meet this week!
And so we met up with him and his best friend who is a returning less active, and taught the first discussion. 
It was so amazing to teach Austin. He is so ready to receive the gospel! 
Just 2 months ago Austin described himself as a "strict atheist." and now, he has been coming to church for weeks, and his friend has told us he's seen Austin reading from the Book of Mormon several times since our last meeting! And at the end of our first lesson, he agreed to be baptized when he comes to know the church is true!!! So he is praying about the Book of Mormon, and thinking of July 22nd for his baptism!!! 
We will be meeting with him again this week, and we're excited to hear what his thoughts are! 

We also met with Meagan twice this week!
That was awesome of course:) We love her:)
She is doing well. Not totally sure she's interested in joining the church, but is still willing to meet with us, so we can't complain, and we haven't given up yet:) 

One of our dinner appointments this week invited their non-member co-worker to join us, and then we had the first discussion with her afterwards! she's not in our area, but she wants to keep meeting with missionaries!!! #Tendermerciesallaround

We got to hear from Sister McConkie this week at a youth fireside she came to!! That was really exciting:) We didn't get to meet her afterwards, but we enjoyed her message, and the yw in our ward were really excited about it:) 

Our lesson with Mike was wonderful too!
We met in the home of some different members than we usually meet with, and it was so cool! They have known Mike for 5 years, and are his wife's home teachers. Brother Pierson was the one that gave mike the blessing that changed his life, and then later gave his dad a blessings! We talked a lot about he potential Mike has, and he was in tears most of the evening. He kept asking us, and himself "why me?"

I found that question very interesting, and I think it is one that we have all asked ourselves at one time or another. I know I asked myself that very question when I felt I needed to serve a mission. But I am so incredibly grateful for a Father in Heaven who knows each of our worth, and our potentials. 
It has been so fitting to have this on my mind this week, with Father's day on Sunday. 

Shout out to my dad (a.k.a. best earthy father around!) And an even bigger shout out to my Heavenly Father. I think about all of the amazing things my dad has done for me, and how much love and support I feel from him, and then I try to imagine what my Heavenly Father's love and support much be like! 
In 3 Nephi 14 it says: 
7 Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
8 For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

And I know that is true. Heavenly Father will answer our prayers. I have no doubt about it. 
But we must be patient in our answers, and humble, and willing to adapt to the plans Heavenly Father has in store for each of us. I can promise they are better for us in the grand scheme of things than anything we could plan or hope for ourselves. 

Here is a super awesome mormon message that sums up everything I've been thinking about better than I can in the last short minutes I have left to e-mail today:) 

Anyway! I have to run!
But I hope you have a wonderful week of miracles!
 Don't forget to pray for missionary opportunities in all that you do!
“After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel.”
-Jospeh Smith

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
~Sister Dobyns

Our upstairs neighbor brought us down fresh cinnamon buns when we were weekly planning! 

Last zone picture this morning before a few elders get picked up to head for the airport! 

Sister Melville and I with our less active's sweet daughter (she usually looks much happier than this... haha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment