Monday, November 7, 2016

Let the Holy Spirit Guide

Halloween was really fun! We all carved mini watermelons instead of pumpkins because they were all sold out by the time we got there, but it was a ton of fun! :) 
After p-day was over, we went back to our apartment because we didn't have a dinner and ate pizza with the hermanas and got to hang out the rest of the night:) It was pretty fun! :) 

On Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president which I always look forward to! :) I love President Miles and am astonished at how much he does for all of us in this mission! Later in the day we were doing some drop by's before our dinner appointment at 5:30, and as we were praying before knocking on the last door we had planned before heading to dinner I had this feeling that this was not where we were supposed to be. When Sister Halliday finished the prayer and she looked at me and said "I feel like you just got revelation." And I told her what I thought. She asked if we were in danger and I didn't think that was the case- I just knew there was somewhere else we were supposed to be. So we quickly ran and knocked on the door anyway, because I really wasn't sure what we should be doing instead, but no one answered. So we jumped back in the car and it was time to head to dinner. But as we started driving I started telling Sister Halliday to turn on certain streets, and next thing we know we were parked on a street and there were 4 houses on the other side of the street. I told Sister Halliday it was one of these 4 we needed to see right now. So we prayed again, and went and knocked the doors. The first 2 were very typical tracting experiences, One said they had their own church, and the other said they have mormon friends so if they're ever curious they'll talk to them. It was past 5:30 at that point and we were late for our dinner, but we knocked on the next door anyway. An English woman came to the door and we told her we were missionaries and asked about her religion and everything, and she told us they were brand new to the neighborhood and had just moved in yesterday! They belong to the Church of England, but that's not in Canada so they don't currently have a church. Then she said that she would be interested in learning what the differences were between her church and mormons, so we set up a time to come back and teach her!! We couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear after that! We went to our dinner after that, and they had been running behind anyway and pulled up to the restaurant at the same time as us!! 
That was such an amazing experience that I know I will remember for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for the amazing blessing of the spirit and the opportunity I have as a missionary to truly be led to the path that Christ would have walked. 

We went back later this week and were able to teach Her and her 15 year old daughter the first lesson, and they said they would read and pray!! We are SO excited for them! We are passing them off to the Family Ward Elders this week, and can't wait to hear all about their progress! Keep them in your prayers! (Nicola and Coran) 

On Wednesday I got to drive down to Lethbridge for our MLC meeting! That was really fun, but always reminds me how much I really really love the city and am grateful to be serving here haha:) 
THe meeting was really great and we will be doing our trainings on it in our zones tomorrow! :) 

Then on Friday we had exchanges with the Pinecreek Sisters which was super fun too! They are really sweet sisters so it was a really great day and I was able to learn a lot from their examples:) 

And on Saturday we got SUSHI! [as our "halloween package" haha]
And I also enjoy that more than I should:) 

All in all it's been an amazing week! Sadly, I'm our of time already, but I love you all hope you enjoy this upcoming week!
I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Sister Dobyns:) 


Sushi!!! 

Halloween! 



Halloween Night, Pizza with the Hermanas! 

Straightening H. Amaller's Hair! 

Weekly Planning on the porch! 

This is 1 example of what our meals are looking like nowadays #nutritionplan

No comments:

Post a Comment