Monday, May 1, 2017

So grateful for each of you ❤

Well, this has been quite the fun e-mailing day! So much exciting news from so many people that I love! Thank you all for your e-mails and please always remember that if I don't respond to you immediately, I am super sorry, I just have limited time to respond to everyone!! But I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy your emails:) 

Okay so this week was good:) We had an awesome district meeting that was all about following the spirit and really being God' instrument. That has always been my goal, but I am really focusing on it more than ever right now:) 

We had another lesson with our investigator Mike, and holy cow, IT WAS AMAZING! I felt prompted that we needed to have some members of our ward come to our next lesson which was the Plan of Salvation, but I wasn't sure who to invite! The people we knew know him weren't available, but then when we went to our supper a few days before our lesson we found out that couple knew them pretty well too! So we invited them to join us and they were thrilled to come! And everything just worked out so perfectly! The spirit was SO strong, and by the end of the lesson literally everybody was crying- including mike. We testified of God's love for him, and invited him to read a chapter in the Book of Mormon and pray with his wife this week and really ask if what we taught that night was true. And for the first time, Mike didn't just shrug off the commitment and say he wouldn't promise anything. He thought about it, and said yes! So we are so so happy about that! So as always, I am really looking forward to seeing them again:):):) 

I also got to see 2 members from my last ward this week! Stuart and Cody! That was the best! Stuart was coming down for his graduation so he stopped by to say hi and update me on all the priddis homies, and then Cody just happened to be at my ward on sunday! I gave a talk this week and just randomly saw him sitting out in the congregation and just about died! But thankfully I was able to keep my cool until after the meeting when we got to talk for a bit! 

Then this week I got an e-mail from my convert back from the beginning of my mission- we talked for a bit and then he said something that just hit me really hard. I've heard it before, but for some reason today it just really hit home. He said "keep up the great work, keep doing what you're doing! You have -- days to miss home but you have the rest of your life to miss your mission." 😱💔
But how true is that! whoo. I love love love love my mission- and I know I am going to miss it for the rest of my life. But thankfully, I have come to understand that being a missionary doesn't have to end. I may have to take off my name tag someday, but I don't have to take Christ's name off of my heart. 
So don't mind me- I'm just going to focus on that, and not on the end of anything else. 

Sorry, that was probably a really trunky sounding e-mail, but I promise it's just the opposite:) 
I love you each so so much!
have a fabulous week!
Much love!
Sister Dobyns:) 

Our sweet RC's Brother and SIster Thompson celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary:) 

President Gedleman(mission presidency) had the 2 zones here in lethbridge get together at his house last:) 

My Bae! And sort of Sister Robison in there 

No comments:

Post a Comment